International Conference on Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods and Dietary Supplements
The First International Conference on Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods and Dietary Supplements was organized by HADSA (Health Foods and Dietary Supplements Association) jointly with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) on Thursday, 28th August, 2008 at the Scitech Centre, Jogeshwari (West), Mumbai.
The inaugural session was addressed by
- Mr. S. K. Jiwarajka, Chairman, FICCI-WRC
- Mr. Ajit Singh - President HADSA, Mr. Byron Johnson - Chairman (IADSA),
- Mr.B.M.Vyas -Managing Director,GCMMF (Amul),
- Shri Dhanraj Khamatkar - Commissioner, FDA, Maharashtra
- Shri S C Agrawal - IFS, Chhattisgarh State
- Vanoushadhi Board, Shri Shiv Basant - Joint Secretary, Dept. of AYUSH,
- Shri Baba Siddique - Minister of State for FDA &
- Mr. Ness Wadia (IADSA).
The topic for the first session was
“Developing Value Added Products from Traditional Source”. This session deliberated on sourcing of efficacious ingredients, and developing products with Low cost yet high quality manufacturing
The renowned speakers were
- Dr. V. A. Parthasarathy - Director, IISR, Cochin,
- Dr. Pimpalgaonkar - Dean, Poddar Ayurvedic College, Mumbai,
- Dr. Sharad Kasarle - Consultant, Mr. Ranjit Puranik - CEO of Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd. &
- Dr. Shefali Thanawala - Plethico Pharmaceuticals.
The second session addressed the topic of
“Challenges in Production of Nutraceuticals Functional Foods & Dietary Supplements”.
It emphasized on various challenges faced by the industry in terms of processes, technological advancements at processing level and backward integration.
The speakers were
- Dr.B.Sesikeran - Director, National Institute of Nutrition,
- Mr. B. M. Vyas - Amul &
- Mr. Akkshay Mehta - Managing Director, Mission Vivacare Ltd.
Innovations | News & Events | Exhibitions | Resources | Careers | Contact | Sitemap